The SWD-24 Multi-Channel Sub-Woofer Driver enables you to run up to four powered sub-woofers in your home theater systems. Audio video receivers and integrated amplifiers with sub-woofer outputs can actively drive up to four sub-woofers in either stereo or mono mode.
Each sub-woofer output has its own programmable crossover, room correction parametric equalization, and delay control. The SWD-24 is shipped with an 80 Hz 48 dB/oct low pass crossover. equalization is set to flat, and the gain is set to 0 dB for no insertion loss.
For those wishing to customize, the SWD-24 is shipped with a miniDSP plug-in application software license which allows the user to customize crossovers, room equalization and the matrix mixer as desired. PC or Apple computer not supplied.
Typical SWD-24 System setup
The SWD-24 is based on the miniDSP 2x4 and Advanced Plug-In software application. This provides for a high performance multi sub-woofer driver configuration. The miniDSP’s 2x4 internal matrix mixer, low pass crossover, and room correction filters are a natural fit for this application. The default setup is pre-configured with 80 Hz, 24 dB/oct low pass filters with the room correction equalizers set to flat. This will drive four sub-woofers as delivered with no programming.
SWD-24 Default Crossover Filter and Mixer Configuration
The beginning user can experiment with many configurations saving them along the way, and always have the option to reload the original SWD-24 .xml for a clean restart.
For advanced users, the SWD-24 is fully compatible with Room EQ Wizard allowing for measurement based room correction and accurate multi-sub frequency response. Programmable delay setting and compressor limiter on each output channel are also included.
Low Frequency Room Correction Using REW & UMIK-1 System
- Preconfigured to immediately drive four powered sub-woofers
- Programmable high performance low pass filters
- Flexible parametric room equalization filters
- Time delay correction capability
- Ultra low noise and distortion
- Compatible with Room Equalization Wizard REW Software and UMIK-1 Measurement Microphone
- miniDSP 2x4 loaded with SWD-24 software driver
- SWD-24 software driver configuration .xml file on thumb drive
- miniDSP 2x4 Plug-In Software license code
- Regulated 12V power supply USA
- USB cable
- RCA cable
- User Guide
- Links to miniDSP 2x4 and UMIK-1 user documentation
- Links to free Room Equalization Wizard REW Software
- Distortion <1% THD at maximum input
- Dynamic range: un-weighted >98dB
- Analog Devices ADAU1701 digital signal processor (DSP) Engine
- Dimensions: 26h x 107w x 94d mm
- One year full replacement warranty
- 30 day 100% satisfaction guarantee
- Installation guide and support
- Deer Creek Audio is an authorized miniDSP dealer
- Please inquire if you desire customization to the standard configuration